8-Hour Site Safety Manager Refresher/Chapter 33
A refresher of the 40-hour site safety manager course, this course is required by the NYC Department of Buildings before taking the written examination for a New York City Site Safety Manager. This course introduces students to the best practices and methods that are essential to maintaining a safe urban construction site. The course works through the Rules of the City of New York regarding public protection and New York City Department of Buildings Chapter 33, as well as current Federal and State regulatory standards and applicable local laws to ensure compliance and safe work practices in construction.
Per DOB’s amendment to Section 104-06 of the Title 1 of the rules of the City of New York, as of 5/25/2017, a Site Safety Manager or Site Safety Coordinator must complete a department approved 8-hour Site Safety Manager Refresher Training Course one year immediately prior to the license or certificate expiration.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Implement the safety procedures necessary to protect public and property during construction and demolition operations in New York City
- Clarify which rules and regulations originated in response to serious construction accidents in New York City
- Identify New York City Department of Buildings licensed site safety professionals and their respective roles and responsibilities
- List the New York City Fire Code construction fire protection and prevention methods
- Explain the communication procedures for licensed site safety professionals and New York City Department of Buildings
- Distinguish between New York City Department of Buildings Chapter 33 regulations and OSHA standards
|Course Length||8 hours|
$160 including SSM card
Group pricing will be provided upon request. Please call us at 347.510.4283, Monday through Thursday 9am-5pm, Friday 9am-1pm EST, or email us at email@example.com.
Attending students MUST be able to verbally communicate with teaching instructors in the primary language of the training offered.
As per section 104-06 of the Title 1 of the Rules of the City of New York, effective 5/25/2017, this course must be completed one year immediately prior to the expiration of the Site Safety Manager or Coordinator certificate or license.
Construction workers and supervisors with foundational knowledge of the NYC building codes related to the safety of the public and workers.
|Methods of Instruction||
The 8-hour training program is composed of many components such as power point presentations, lectures, real life case studies, and classroom discussions.
Each student is required to complete 100% of the course, as well as actively participate in all learning activities. Additionally, the review quiz is required to obtain a course-completion card.
Make-up time is permitted for this training course under the condition that the student completed at least 50% of the training. Students who miss time before finishing 50% of initial class or missed more than 50% of total time must reschedule and attend the full training course.